At the heart of who we are is the person of Jesus.
He is the exact representation of God. (Hebrews 1:3)
The fullness of God lives in Jesus. (Colossians 1:19)
We desire to be a people who are following Jesus together in light of his new commandment
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
With Jesus as our foundation, we have three primary areas of focus:
- Beloved in our community. We encourage, equip, and empower each other to show the love of Jesus any way they can in our community.
- Beloved in our family gatherings. We hope that you will come and visit us and when you come, that you will feel truly loved.
- Belong within our church family. We aim to create spaces for connection for our entire church family so relationships can be formed and belonging can be found.
- Belong within a community group. Deep relationships are formed in smaller groups. We encourage people to connect in one of our smaller community groups so that each person can truly be known and cared for.
- Become by discovering more of how Jesus teaches us to live through scripture. Our Sunday morning gatherings are the primary place for exploring who God is and how we live in response.
- Become by allowing God into the hidden parts of ourselves. We invite people to explore those deeper parts of themselves within a safe environment through Emotionally Healthy Spirituality and Emotionally Healthy Relationship courses.
- Become by exploring more of how God has uniquely gifted and wired you through personal coaching and through the Grip-Birkman assessment to discover your spiritual gifting and natural wiring.
- Become by putting into practice what you are learning within a context of belonging and love.
When Covenant began in 1980 we sought to "Meet people where they are, and walk with them." That remains our desire. The words Beloved, Belong, and Become are borrowed from our extended Be In Christ Church of Canada family, but the values they represent are deep parts of who Covenant has always strived to be.
So what will you find if you show up at Covenant?
Friendly. Loving. Comfortable. Genuine. These are a few adjectives that we hope you might use after being among us at Covenant Church. We hope you'll find a community of people trying to learn and live the way of Jesus in Huronia.
- Aren't sure what you believe about Jesus? You are welcome to come with all of your questions.
- Have you been hurt by the church? So have the rest of us in some way. We'd love to have you join us as we work to grow beyond religion into the full, abundant life Jesus said he offers.
- Looking for a church family to belong to, to raise your children in, to enjoy life with? Covenant might be the right fit for you.
As an Anabaptist church, we believe in the centrality of Christ, the necessity of community, and spreading the peaceful message of Jesus throughout the world. For more information about our beliefs, extended family, and heritage see Our Beliefs.
We'd love to have you join us on this journey.