At the heart of who we are is the person of Jesus.
He is the exact representation of God. (Hebrews 1:3)
The fullness of God lives in Jesus. (Colossians 1:19)
We are a family of people who are following Jesus together trying to live by his new commandment
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
With Jesus as our foundation, we have three primary areas of focus:
- Teach and remind each other that God is love. Jesus came to demonstrate God's love, claim victory over all that is broken in our world, and to invite us into his life . . . life to the full.
- Communicate this love of God to the world and invite others to join us in the life of Jesus.
- We aim to create spaces for connection for our entire church family so relationships can be formed and belonging can be found.
- Belong to a House Church. Deep relationships are formed in smaller groups. We encourage people to connect in a house church so that each person can truly be known and cared for.
- When we enter into the love of God through Jesus and connect with a new family where we can learn how to live the way of Jesus - the next step is to begin to live it out in every area of our life. That is becoming.
- We emphasize becoming by encouraging people to figure out how they can learn to use their unique gifting both within the church family and in the broader community and world.
- To help you become more of what God has created you to be we invite you to explore your own unique gifts and wiring through personal coaching and through the Grip-Birkman assessment which helps you discern your spiritual gifting and natural wiring.
When Covenant began in 1980 we sought to "Meet people where they are, and walk with them." That remains our desire. The words Beloved, Belong, and Become are borrowed from our extended Be In Christ Church of Canada family, but the values they represent are deep parts of who Covenant has always strived to be.
So what will you find if you show up at Covenant?
Friendly. Loving. Comfortable. Genuine. These are a few adjectives that we hope you might use after being among us at Covenant Church. We hope you'll find a community of people trying to learn and live the way of Jesus in Huronia.
- Aren't sure what you believe about Jesus? You are welcome to come with all of your questions.
- Have you been hurt by the church? So have the rest of us in some way. We'd love to have you join us as we work to grow beyond religion into the full, abundant life Jesus said he offers.
- Looking for a church family to belong to, to raise your children in, to enjoy life with? Covenant might be the right fit for you.
As an Anabaptist church, we believe in the centrality of Christ, the necessity of community, and spreading the peaceful message of Jesus throughout the world. For more information about our beliefs, extended family, and heritage see Our Beliefs.
We'd love to have you join us on this journey.
Click here for more information about how we read the Bible.
Click here for information about membership at Covenant.
Click here for information about baptism at Covenant.