Tomorrow (March 28, 2021) is Palm Sunday–our annual celebration of Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem and the beginning of Holy Week in the church calendar. The following is information about what to watch for and participate over the coming week (all of this information is–or will be–also available at covenantchurch.ca):
- Sunday, March 28 - Covenant Kids are encouraged to have a square piece of paper ready to go for the in-service Covenant Kids video. Joe is back to teach you some more origami!
- Beginning Sunday, March 28 - Be in Christ Church of Canada has partnered with Indigenous Ministries Canada in the development of a wonderful Holy Week devotional guide. Inspired by "The Creator's Sacrifice," some aboriginal art depicting Christ's Passion, this guide is an eight day journey through the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus. The digital version includes both the art and the written word. The print version includes the written prayers, devotionals, and reflection questions, including one by Glenn Robitaille. Links to both versions are available at www.covenantchurch.ca/news/easter-week-devotional.
- Beginning Sunday, March 28 - Brent and some of his children's ministry volunteers have worked hard to create an Easter Scavenger Hunt. This is designed for families to do together as they drive around Penetang, Midland, and Tiny to find Easter eggs and some words on the back of each of them. Then, by unscrambling the eggs...I mean the words, they'll be able to figure out a Bible verse. More instructions are available at the first stop on the scavenger hunt...the front porch of our Covenant building at 95 Robert St. E. in Penetang. The deadline for the hunt is Wednesday, April 7.
- Friday, April 2 - Covenant is partnering with First Presbyterian Church and the Anglican Parish in Penetang to offer an online Good Friday service. It will be available at 10 am on the YouTube channel for both Covenant Church (YouTube.com/c/covenantpenetang) and First Presbyterian Church.
- Sunday, April 4
- Easter Sunday Celebration at 10 am
- Communion as a part of the service - prepare bread and wine/juice in advance
- Covenant Kids are invited to contribute to a video for this service. Look for an email from [email protected] for details or message Brent to find out the questions kids are invited to respond to. The deadline for video submissions is Thursday, April 1.
- After the service we will be opening our Covenant Virtual Lobby on Zoom! Details for the lobby are available at covenantchurch.ca/events.
We look forward to celebrating the suffering, sacrifice, and resurrection of Jesus together in all these different ways over the coming week! Feel free to invite friends and family to join us in our Holy Week activities.