We have just received word from BIC Canada that all church gatherings are to be suspended “indefinitely.” At this point, we have no hint of a date as to when regular gatherings of any sort will resume. As a result, we are working on several things which may help you remain connected and informed through this time of increased isolation.
- We are working hard to improve the quality of our online gatherings and making them accessible through multiple formats - some of which you can interact with each other, too! We will be setting up various online gatherings - some for all who want to come and some for specific age groups. So far we have the following scheduled:
- FOR ALL AGES!! - A Covenant Family Scavenger Hunt - Wednesday, March 25 from 10:30-11:30 am. Join this meeting on ZOOM by clicking https://zoom.us/j/291103609 or going into your ZOOM app and entering the Meeting ID: 291 103 609. Jon will be hosting and sending you on a great adventure to search for things around your house!
- For Jr. High (grades 6-8) - Midweek Online - March 25 from 6:15-7:15 pm. Join this meeting on ZOOM by clicking https://zoom.us/j/750691492 or going into your ZOOM app and entering the Meeting ID: 750 691 492.
- For Sr. High (grades 9-12) - Midweek Online - March 15 from 8:15-9:15 pm. Join this meeting on ZOOM by clicking https://zoom.us/j/900105375 or going into your ZOOM app and entering the Meeting ID: 900 105 375.
- FOR ALL AGES - Covenant Family Prayer Gathering - March 26 from 10-10:30 am. Join this meeting on ZOOM by clicking https://zoom.us/j/363415531 or going into your ZOOM app and entering the Meeting ID: 363 415 531. Join us for this brief guided session of praise and prayer as we pray for ourselves, our leaders, and our community during this time.
- We encourage you to interact with other sources of study and encouragement. Here are a few free and accessible sources for your consideration:
- The Meeting House is a member of our Be In Christ Church family and has extensive teaching resources available at www.themeetinghouse.com/teaching.
- The Bible Project online has an amazing number of profound and informational videos that would prove educational for almost anyone.
- They can be found at bibleproject.com/explore/.Ask NT Wright Anything is a weekly radio show on Premier Christian Radio in the UK. Listeners write in with a wide range of questions which are put to pastor and scholar, Tom Wright, by show host Justin Brierley. Podcasts of the show, videos, and other extras are available at www.premierchristianradio.com/Shows/Weekday/Ask-NT-Wright-Anything.
We have mentioned previously that there are concerns about the financial impact on Covenant Church by missing out on our weekly gatherings. Here are four ways in which you may continue to give to our collective ministry:
- Mail cheques to the church building at 95 Robert St. E. Penetanguishene, ON L9M 1H1 or drop them off in the mailbox at the front of the building. This will be checked regularly.
- Donate directly to Covenant by going to www.covenantchurch.ca and clicking on “GIVE” in the menu at the top OR text “GIVE” to 705-549-8477 and donate through the link you receive in response.
- Give through Paypal Giving Fund Canada at www.paypal.com/ca/fundraiser/charity/3426957. Gifts through this Paypal Giving Fund are issued tax receipts through Paypal Giving Fund Canada and then forwarded to Covenant Church.
- Give through Canada Helps.org at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/covenant-brethren-in-christ-church-penetang-ont/. Gifts through Canada Helps are issued tax receipts through Canada Helps and then forwarded to Covenant Church.
If you have any needs, please reach out at [email protected] or by calling or texting 705-549-8477.
I close by encouraging you to meditate on Psalm 121.
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you—the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
May the peace and comfort of Jesus be with you all.