This week we continue our series called "Redeeming the Time" working our way through Ephesians 5. Our focus today is on Living In The Light.
The song played at the end of the sermon is Where the Light Shines Through by Switchfoot. To hear it played properly, check out their acoustic performance of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn3fBeeLOHA.
Ministry Partner Announcements:
Several of our ministry partners around the world are struggling severely during this COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of our closest partners who are in financial need if you are able to contributre:
- Be In Christ Church of Canada Global is working in partnership with BIC Churches around the world to meet physical needs of people in very vulnerable areas. To support the compassion work of BIC around the world through their local BIC presence, visit https://www.canadianbic.ca/donate/. From this donation page, choose “Give to Global projects” and select RD001 World Hunger Fund. All donations during July and August will be considered donations to our COVID-19 relief effort.
- Camp Kahquah - This is our partner camp near Magnetawan, ON. Missing out on four weeks of kids camp, several retreats, and a very diminished family camp (due to lack of programming and food services) has a major impact on their revenue, however the maintenance of the camp - and associated costs - continues. Please consider making a donation to the camp at campkahquah.com so that they can conclude 2020 in good shape for ongoing and improved ministry in the years ahead. (The camp is preparing to celebrate 60 years of ministry in 2022!)
- Mennonite Central Committee Canada - 100 years ago MCC Canada began to response to those who were most vulnerable and most in need. It continues to reach out to assist the most vulnerable; provide food, water, shelter, and education to those in the most difficult situations around the world; promote peace and reconciliation through local partners; invest in youth and young adult to help incorporate these ways of Jesus into their lives; and prioritizing partnerships to ensure local solutions to local needs. COVID-19 has both increased global needs and decreased funding. For more information or to assist MCC Canada in their work around the world, visit mcccanada.ca.
Service elements with elements that have copyright restrictions have been removed. Thanks for your understanding.
Here are the homework questions!
- Consider - what is a voice or a source of messaging that has you focusing on things that are darkness instead of light. Turn off some of those voices and replace them with voices that help you live in the light - focused on goodness, righteousness, and truth.
- As you engage with darkness, in the world around you or in places within yourself that you tend to want to keep hidden, pursue one new way of shining the light of Christ into the darkness this week.
- Many of us have ways the light of Christ has shone into our lives and has made a huge impact. Your story is a powerful source of light. Pray about the when and how to do this, but seek out one way this week to take the light of Christ that has shone into your life and shine it on for others to see.