Covenant Weekly - June 27, 2017
June 27, 2017
Today I simply want to invite you to help us serve our youngest community members. We have some really special opportunities to minister to kids and families and we need some help! Neither of these opportunities are very taxing, but they are an opportunity to make a huge impact.
I would like to especially encourage parents, grandparents, and friends of families at our church to prayerfully consider how you can help. Thanks!
- Crew Leaders - We need 8 more older youth and/or adults to serve as primary crew leaders. A crew leader works with an assistant crew leader to move through the VBS with a small group of up to six children. Your responsibilities? Befriend the children. Talk with them. Show them someone cares for them. Supervise them as you move through the VBS stations. Help them see that Jesus loves them. Pretty simple right?!?
- Assitant Crew Leaders - We need six more grades 6-8 students to serve as assistant crew leaders. Join in with the work of the main crew leader to help younger children get the most out of Maker Fun Factory VBS.
Sunday Morning Summer Opportunities
- Grade 1-5 summer leaders. Would you be willing to give 45 minutes of time on one Sunday morning this summer to serve our children? In order to care for all of our children we need volunteers for our grade 1-5 program - 2 for each Sunday. Here's what's involved:
- Before the service:
- Set up two tables and the provided colouring activities.
- Make sure the weekly 25 minute DVD is ready to go.
- During the service:
- Come with the children when they're dismissed (right before the sermon)
- Have them sit and watch the 25 minute DVD.
- After the DVD get them to colour at the tables if there is time left to fill.
- Be there while the parents sign out and pick up their children.
- After the service:
- Turn off the electronics related to the DVD.
- Put away the tables and colouring items.
- Leave knowing that you helped serve a great bunch of children and families!
- In order to run the program we need two volunteers (one volunteer must be high school or older) for each of the following Sundays (on long weekends the children will join in the main service):
- July 9
- July 16 - VBS Celebration Sunday (no kids program)
- July 23 - Pastor Jon is with grade 1-5 on this Sunday
- July 30
- August 13
- August 20
- August 27